Reduce EMF exposure (and blue light)
In our modern world, the average individual is exposed to a LOT of electromagnetic fields (EMF’s) in their bedroom and home. EMF’s are emitted from electronics or anything that requires electricity.
For example, EMFs in your bedroom come from: TV, mobile phone, mobile phone chargers, tablets, laptops, wifi routers, wireless phones, plugged in bedside clock, cable box, stereo, wireless speakers, fans, extension cords, some light bulbs and the list goes on.
The World Health Organization has stated that EMFs are likely to have a detrimental physical effect on our health. Our bodies have our own electric, rhythmic and biochemical responses. So when we are exposed to something like EMF’s these can cause a change in our normal response and result in various dysregulations.
The common effects from EMF’s and non-ionizing radiation include:
- Dysregulated hypothalamus
- Decreased melatonin production which affects our sleep and circadian cycle
- Decreased immune function
- Muscular aches and pains
- Anxiety and depression
- Tingling sensation in the body (often the hands)
Simple tips to try and reduce exposure to EMF’s:
- Avoid all screens at least 1 hour before bed (including TV, phone and computer)
- Switch off your mobile phone or at least airplane mode
- Try to unplug as many electronic devices in your bedroom
- Avoid fluorescent lighting